* For wood, all calculations are based on a full cord measuring 1,2 m X 1,2 m X 2,4 m (4 ft X 4 ft X 8 ft). In certain regions of Canada, we call a cord what is in fact a third of a cord: 0,4 m X 1,2 m X 2,4 m (16 in X 4 ft X 8 ft). If what you buy is a third of a cord, multiply the price by 3.
** In order to compare your current heating system and combustible with other heating systems or combustibles, this calculator use the combustible standard cost from differents websites sources: www.eia.doe.gov for USA and www.oee.rncan.gc.ca or others websites for Canada
*** For a more accurate calculation, your annual heating cost should not include any amount associated with the heating of domestic hot water or the use of domestic appliances.
**** For the efficiency variable, we assume in our calculations that the stove used is one tested according to the EPA or CSA B415.1 standards.
Terms and Conditions
1. This calculator enables you to compare your current heating system and combustible with other heating systems or combustibles. However, we deny any responsibility and offer no guarantee as to the accuracy and integrality of the data supplied.
2. The results obtained from this calculator must only serve as a guide and cannot replace the detailed calculations performed by a specialist. For a detailed evaluation of your heating costs, please consult a professional.
3. By using this calculator, you automatically agree to the conditions stated above.
4. This calculator was carefully programmed. However, some computer errors may occur. If you encounter any error, please do not hesitate to communicate with us at : email@example.com