A request to return a product must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days following the reception of the appliance by the consumer. The following information must be mentioned for the request to be processed:
- Phone number;
- Order number;
- Serial number of the unit;
- Reason for return.
The following conditions apply:
- The unit must be new and must, therefore, not have been used or installed.
- The unit must be returned in its original packaging, including instruction manuals, if applicable. If the packaging, the manuals or any parts are missing, SBI reserves the right to deduct the equivalent amount corresponding to the value of the missing items.
- The product must be free of scratches and/or defects resulting from the handling of the unit by the consumer.
- The product must be returned using a carrier service allowing traceability of the delivery.
- The return authorization number given by SBI must be attached to the packaging. This number will be sent within 72 hours following the reception of the return request. Note that all goods returned without the authorization number will be refused any refund. Without this number, it is impossible to associate the returned good to its owner.
- The product must be returned by the consumer within 14 days after informing the merchant of the intention to return the good.
The consumer is responsible for contacting the carrier and for paying the freight cost to return the unit to SBI’s distribution center located at the following address: Comintes, 10 rue Ampère 95500 Gonesse, France
- If a customer receives a product that appears to be damaged, this must be noted on the bill of lading (ex.: “Apparent freight damage – a claim may follow”). If the merchandise is heavily damaged, the consumer should simply refuse the shipment. Taking digital pictures is mandatory.
- The claim request must be submitted within 5 days of reception of the damaged good to email@example.com
- The refund will be processed upon the receipt of the goods or by proof of shipment from the consumer, in form of a tracking number from the carrier. The proof must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The refund will be applied to the same credit card or Paypal account used from the original transaction.
- The freight fees for the original delivery are not refundable. If you wish to cancel an order that has already been shipped, please note that freight fees will remain applicable.
SBI Limited Warranty Policy - Stove Builder International Inc.
SBI offers its customers a warranty on all products available with the exception of consumables (fire-gel, screws, silicone etc.). The warranty is fully detailed in each appliance’s owner’s manual and applies only to the original purchaser. It is not transferable. This warranty covers only new products that have not been modified, altered or repaired since shipment from the factory. A proof of purchase (dated invoice) must be provided with a warranty claim. Digital pictures may be requested.
This warranty applies only for normal residential use. Damages caused by improper use, misuse, improper installation, lack of maintenance, overheating, neglect, a power shortage, lack of chimney draft or a return of smoke are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not cover scratches, corrosion, deformation or discoloration caused by overheating, abrasives or chemical cleaners. Any defects or damages arising from the use of unauthorized parts or other unoriginal parts will voids the warranty. Any claim related to improper installation is not covered by this warranty.
The manufacturer may require that defective products be returned or that digital pictures be submitted in support of the claim.
The manufacturer may, at its discretion, either repair or replace any part after inspection and investigation of the defect. The manufacturer may, at its discretion, fully discharge all obligations with respect to this warranty by refunding the wholesale price of any defective part. The manufacturer shall in no event be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever which exceeds the original purchase price of the product.
In the case SBI judges the product to be defective; the manufacturer is responsible to return the unit to the distribution center. The defective unit must be outside of the house for the carrier to pick up the product.
If a part is defective, immediately contact our warranty desk at: email@example.com. Before contacting us, please have the following information to process your warranty claim:
- Your name, address and telephone number;
- The invoice or order number;
- The nature of the defect and any relevant information;
- Digital photos may be required to support a defect.
Before shipping a defective part at our office, you must obtain an authorization number from SBI Inc. This number will be given by one of our Service agent once the request for a defective item is transmitted, as described above.