MISTRAL OUTDOOR WOOD BURNING FIREPLACE
|Size||23 3/8" W X 24 1/4" D X 35 1/2" H|
|Maximum log length||20"|
The best moments in life have always been made of simple things. Family and friends gathered around a warming fire outside.
Unparalleled robustness and durability
The Mistral outdoor fireplace is different from other outdoor fireplaces which are made of thin wire mesh. Manufactured in Canada, it is made of thick 1.6 mm steel, which can take the heat. Every metal piece is powder-coated making it seven times more resistant to scratches and friction than regular liquid paint!
The Mistral has an incomparable manufacturing quality and durability, and this, at a very affordable price. The Mistral is not only built well, it’s also designed well by wood heating specialists. The four panels go together in a snap and rest on a sturdy and stable base for safe use. You will enjoy a 360-degree view of the fire spacious enough to fit a 20-inch log. A rugged cover is available for protection from the elements when not in use.
Four season fun
What could be simpler? What could be better? The new Mistral Outdoor Fireplace from Drolet provides the four-season setting for this simple and wonderful experience. The Mistral Outdoor Fireplace from Drolet – simply a better outdoor experience.
MISTRAL OUTDOOR FIREPLACE CHIMNEY KIT
This option, with a height of 6 7/8", is ideally suited to meet the requirements of municipal by-laws for an outdoor fireplace with a spark arrestor mesh. If your municipality requires a longer chimney, you can purchase a 7"Ø single wall black pipe to complete your installation and meet the standards.
From USD $59.00 MSRP
MISTRAL OUTDOOR FIREPLACE COVER
This protective cover is specially designed for our Mistral outdoor fireplace and combines style, quality and durability perfectly: 600 denier fabric reinforced at the four (4) lower corners and solid seams, waterproof thanks to the inside coated with an ecological water-repellent substance, treated for increased resistance to fading and weathering, elastic cord in the bottom edge and cord clamp for a perfect fit and a warranty against manufacturing defects.
From USD $49.00 MSRP
KEVLAR THREAD WOOD STOVE AND FIREPLACE GLOVES
Recommended for a clean and safe use of any type of wood-burning appliance. Fire-resistant kevlar sewings.
19" KEVLAR THREAD SEWN FIREPLACE GLOVES
Thermal protective gloves with long cuffs (19" or 48 cm): Ideal for stove, fireplace and barbecue. Highly resistant to high temperatures. Genuine leather and kevlar seams for increased durability. Maximum protection against all heat sources (covers the entire forearm). Strong and flexible glove with reinforcement at the level of the hand. One-sized with cotton lining for comfort. Practical leather support buckle.
WOOD AND PARAFFIN FIRE STARTER CUBES
• Only made from wood and paraffin wax; without additional chemicals • Safe, odorless, soot less, strong burning • Easy to handle and easy to use • Can be stored indefinitely and does not dry out • Burn for 12 minute
|Fuel type||Dry cordwood|
|Maximum log length||20"|
|Shipping Weight||69 lb (31 kg)|
|Overall dimension (Height)||35 1/2"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||23 3/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||24 1/4"|
Is the smoke produced during the paint curing process harmful?
Most high-temperature paints react in the same way. There are two resins in the paint. One resin dries at room temperature, giving the paint the initial properties seen on a brand new stove. Then, when fires are built in the stove, this air-dry resin burns away. The other resin is a silicon resin (silicone gives the paint its high heat resistance) that will not cure until the appliance is heated at high temperatures. This occurs at around 400 °F – 450 °F. The air dry resin will burn away at about 600 °F.
We recommend a two-stage curing process. Do not burn at full heat (keep temperature below 900 °F) for the first two burns as this could “shock” the paint and cause damage. Paint may peel or discolor. The initial fire should be made at a medium temperature (450 °F) for about 60 minutes. As the paint heats-up, it will soften and even appear wet. It should not be touched with anything. Gradually, on the hottest spots (usually near the flue and working outwards) the paint will again appear dry. When this process is completed, the paint will be ready for the next stage.
A second, hotter burn of around 600 °F for another 45 minutes will burn away the air-dry resin. You will know when this occurs because the process creates some smoke and odour. The non-toxic smoke is primarily carbon dioxide, but there are other residual components that make it smell bad and may cause physical distress for some individuals or animals. This is why we recommend keeping the space vacant and ventilated. Until the second stage is reached, the curing process will be incomplete.
Paint may appear to be a little glossy when first applied. High heat will cause all liquid paint to lose its glossy appearance.